SUPERIOR COURT ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NUMBER 27
UNDER AUTHORITY OF THE NEW HAMPSHIRE SUPREME COURT
AND BY VOTE OF THE JUSTICES OF THE SUPERIOR COURT
I ISSUE THE FOLLOWING ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER
1. Existing statutes imposing sanctions for non-attendance of jurors should be enforced consistently.
2. Use of the video tape for general instructions is not mandatory but is left to individual decision at each court location.
3. The method of selection of juries, whether by the struck method or otherwise, is left to the discretion of the judge in each individual case.
4. Jurors shall be informed of the Court's dress code policy prohibiting the wearing of torn clothing, cut-offs, shorts, tank tops, t-shirts, clothing with slogans or written expressions, or any other dress which the Court may determine to be inappropriate.
5. Jurors shall be instructed not to discuss the evidence at any time prior to deliberations.
6. Judges may decide, in each case, whether the foreperson will be selected at random or by vote of the jurors.
7. In civil cases, the Court, in its discretion, may allow re-argument by counsel in instances of a deadlocked jury.
Joseph P. Nadeau, Chief Justice
New Hampshire Superior Court