Department of Administrative Services
Bureau of Court Facilities
August 27, 2009
Thanks to Steve Lorentzen for the update and photos!
- Berlin Courthouse - Construction is well underway for a new, multi-state tenant facility, located a few blocks north of the existing courthouse. The facility has a scheduled completion date of December 2009 and will be approximately 24,000 square feet. DHHS will occupy 14,500 square feet on the 2 nd floor of the building and the Department of Education will be sub-letting 2,900 square feet on the first floor from the Bureau of Court Facilities, leaving 9,780 square feet for the District Court and Family Division. There are two courtrooms and ample clerical office space in the new set-up.
- Hillsborough County - South - Renovation of 1st floor space for the Manchester clerical staff began in August 2009. Renovations include the adding of two new clerical counters adjacent to the new clerical space, an additional large prisoner cell in the lower level, and modifications to the grand jury room on the 2nd floor.
- A separate project will commence in the late fall to replace the roof.
- Laconia Courthouse - In March 2009, renovation of the Laconia Courthouse was completed. The new courthouse is 22,800 square feet and has four levels; there is clerical space for Family Division and District Court on the first floor, two district courtrooms on the 2nd floor, and two family courtrooms on the 2nd floor.
- Lebanon, Rochester and Coos County walkway/steps projects - An outside contractor completed repairs to the front walkway at Lebanon District Court in July 2009 and to the granite steps at the Rochester District Court in August 2009. The current plan is to replace a significant portion of the Coos County walkway in September 2009.
- Manchester Family Division - Fit-up of 11,200 square feet of space in the Manchester District Court for the Family Division began several months ago. Three new courtrooms will be added; an arraignment courtroom on the 2nd floor and two hearings courtrooms on the first floor. The current plan is to move Family Division staff from the Hillsborough Superior Courthouse – North in November 2009.
- Merrimack Courthouse - Construction of a new, 24,000 square foot Merrimack Courthouse for the District Court and Family Division began in March 2009 and has a scheduled completion date of May 2010. The new facility is in the town office complex and is only a short distance from the existing courthouse. The lower level will have an issues/hearings courtroom, sally port, and cellblock. A large clerical office and a juvenile courtroom are on the first floor. The second floor has an arraignment courtroom and a regular/juvenile courtroom.