THE STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
In Case No. 2002-0243, Petition of Senator Clifton Below & a., the court on May 30, 2002, issued the following order:
In accordance with the courts order of May 23, 2002, any party or person whose request to appear as amicus curiae has been granted or consented to may submit a written proposal for the courts consideration in devising its constitutional reapportionment plan for the Senate. Plans shall be submitted by 12:00 noon on Thursday, June 6, 2002. Any plan submitted for the courts review shall conform to the following criteria:
1. It shall include a written description of each district, including but not limited to the towns, wards or places comprising the district, a map showing all districts, and a written justification for the reapportionment plan. A specific explanation and justification shall be provided for each so-called "floterial" district utilized.
2. It shall include a plan for reapportioning all Senate districts; no partial plans shall be accepted.
3. If it is based upon amendment to an existing plan, a copy of the existing plan shall be submitted.
4. It shall use P.L. 94-171 census data.
5. It shall be provided in hard copy and in an electronic format as a block equivalency file. DBF4 or comma delimited text may be provided on a floppy disc or CD-rom.
6. It shall conform as closely as possible to the constitutional principle of one person/one vote.
Brock, C.J., Nadeau, Dalianis, and Duggan, JJ., concurred.