New Hampshire Judicial branch seal
Image: Find Your Court!


Circuit Court Family Division - How to File a Divorce Petition

Jurisdiction:  One of the following must apply to file for divorce in New Hampshire:  1) both parties live in New Hampshire, 2) the petitioner (the spouse starting the divorce action) has lived in New Hampshire for one year, or 3) the petitioner lives in New Hampshire and their spouse can be served with divorce papers in New Hampshire.

Do you have minor children? 

If so, go to Divorce with minor children

If not, go to Divorce without minor children (Note, some forms reference children because the court uses the same forms for cases with minor children and cases without minor children.  If you do not have minor children, skip those sections.)

There is a filing fee for a divorce.

Accessibility Options | FAQ | Site Map | Contact Us | N.H. Legislative Branch | N.H. Executive Branch | NH.Gov | Revised Statutes Online