New Hampshire Judicial branch seal
Image: Find Your Court!


Circuit Court Family Division - Divorce Without Minor Children

To start your divorce:

If both spouses agree to get divorced, even if you don't agree on the division of property, you may wish to file a Joint Petition for Divorce , together with a Personal Data Sheet . Using a Joint Petition to begin the divorce process avoids the cost of formal service of legal papers.

Otherwise, if you want to file as an individual, you will file a Petition for Divorce , together with a Personal Data Sheet . Your spouse will need to be notified about this divorce. That notification will happen either by your spouse picking up the divorce papers at the court, or by you sending the papers by certified mail or through the sheriff.

Once the petition has been filed, gather the information and documents required under Rule 1.25-A.

 To complete your divorce, you will need to file:

 If you need an order of the court before completing your divorce, you may request a temporary hearing on the petition. You will need to file a Temporary Decree on Divorce or Legal Separation prior to the temporary hearing.

Accessibility Options | FAQ | Site Map | Contact Us | N.H. Legislative Branch | N.H. Executive Branch | NH.Gov | Revised Statutes Online