New Hampshire Judicial branch seal
Image: Find Your Court!


Circuit Court Family Division - Name Change

Family Division accepts name change petitions if they relate to an open or closed case of a Family Division case type.  Persons seeking a name change in Family Division must complete a Petition for Change of Name relating to Family Division Jurisdiction, and check the relevant Family Division case type, listing any known case name and number. 

There is a filing fee for a petition to change name.

Note:  If the petitioner's name change does not relate to a Family Division case type, they must file a petition with the Probate Division.

Name Change Forms
Accessibility Options | FAQ | Site Map | Contact Us | N.H. Legislative Branch | N.H. Executive Branch | NH.Gov | Revised Statutes Online