Judge issues media rules for trial and jury view in State v. Owen Labrie
CONCORD, NH - Presiding Justice Larry M. Smukler issued the following rules today for all media planning to participate in the upcoming trial of State v. Owen Labrie. The indictments in the case are also attached.
||Merrimack County Superior Court, 163 N. Main Street, Concord
||Tuesday, August 18 at 10:00am
||The trial is pooled. TV: WMUR-TV at 603-641-9000
Still: Associated Press at 603-224-3327
WMUR will provided real time video at its truck for the pool
NO PORTION OF THE TRIAL MAY BE STREAMED OR BROADCAST LIVE
||Tuesday, August 18 (rain or shine)
||11:00am (time may be adjusted to accommodate motion hearings)
||St. Paul's School, 325 Pleasant Street, Concord
Media have reserved parking in the lot behind a red barn.
Security will direct media to location.
||Lindsay Center for Mathematics and Science
Two areas will be reserved for media (1) across the street from Lindsay and (2) near the front door.
- The jury view is an extension of the court room and trial. As such, Judge Smukler is in charge of the proceeding. The media are reminded that the St. Paul’s campus is private property.
- The view is open to all media - there is no pool.
- Media must remain in the area designated for the view.
- Photographs and video of the jury are prohibited.
- Members of the media may not speak to the judge or jurors.
- Merrimack County Deputies and St. Paul’s security personnel will accompany the judge and jury. Media are asked to respect any directions given to them by either group.
- The court’s Public Information Officer, Carole Alfano, will be in attendance to handle all media inquiries.
Public Information Officer
603-271-2646 ext 0243