New Hampshire Judicial branch seal
Image: Find Your Court!


Circuit Court Probate Division - Name Change

After reviewing the information on these pages, if you need further assistance please contact the Trial Court Information Center:
1-855-212-1234 for calls from US or Canada (Calls from outside US or Canada call 603-415-0162)


Electronic Filing
Electronic Filing is mandatory in name change cases at all probate division locations..  Self-represented litigants will use the program TurboCourt.  Attorneys will use the program File & Serve.  If you had filed your original name change action, in paper (not electronically), you may continue to file your pleadings in paper.  Please be aware of the Circuit Court’s Electronic Filing Rules.

Basic Facts
Name change cases may be filed in the Probate Division.  For these cases, it is important to be familiar with the general Rules of the Circuit Court Probate Division.

Adult Name Change Checklist

Minor Name Change Checklist  

  • There is a fee required to file a Name Change Petition.
Accessibility Options | FAQ | Site Map | Contact Us | N.H. Legislative Branch | N.H. Executive Branch | NH.Gov | Revised Statutes Online